Jennifer Snodgrass Willis is a Partner with the firm whose practice focuses on the areas of construction defect, personal injury, complex commercial litigation, premises liability and product liability litigation. She has extensive experience in the areas of commercial litigation, as well as corporate and intellectual property transactional work.
Ms. Willis is admitted to practice before all California courts, the United States District Court for the Eastern District of California and the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals. Ms. Willis has appeared in federal and state cases in California, Oregon, Texas, Illinois, Florida and Pennsylvania.
State Bar of California, 2003
United States District Court, Eastern District of California
U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
University of the Pacific, McGeorge School of Law, J.D. 2003 Sacramento, California
Managing Editor, The McGeorge Law Review Competition Member, ABA Negotiations and Settlement Team VIS International Commercial Arbitration Team (competing in Vienna, Austria)
California Polytechnic State University, B.S., cum laude, Business Administration with concentration in International Business, 2000
Achievements and Background
- Successfully resolved suit against manufacturer client involving high exposure water intrusion claim at a luxury resort and spa (Southern California).
- After filing Motion for Summary Judgment, secured dismissal for waiver of fees and costs of $10 million construction defect claim (Northern California).
- Trial counsel received defense verdict for product manufacturer after jury trial of Product Liability and Montana Consumer Protection Act claims. On appeal, verdict was upheld by Montana Supreme Court (Montana).
- Aggressive motions and discovery practice in commercial litigation resulting in favorable rulings from Federal District Court resulting in client recovery of more than $32 million from component part manufacturer and vendor (Florida).
- Obtained multi-million-dollar settlement from Fortune 500 Energy Company after flooding of client’s property (Oregon).
- Obtained dismissal of putative class action lawsuits in Federal Court prior to class certification (Pennsylvania).
- Earned defense award after binding arbitration initiated byvendor/manufacturer against client on breach of contract claim (Texas).
Before joining Hugo Parker, Ms. Willis was employed by Schneider, Holts & Moore as a Senior Trial Attorney as part of Nationwide Insurance Company’s Trial Division defending a variety of construction defect and general liability cases, including liability, bodily injury commercial, premises liability, and contractual disputes throughout California, from Shasta County to Los Angeles County, as well as Federal Court in the Eastern District of
After law school, Ms. Willis worked at the Sacramento County District Attorney’s Office conducting arraignments, bench trials, and law and motion practice. She interned at the United States Attorney’s Office – Civil Division where she researched pending cases, drafted discovery and assisted in drafting briefs to the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of California for cases involving Indian Law, personal injury, and wrongful death.